What category of registration should I apply under?
There are 5 categories that eligible applicants are able to apply under :
- Pastoral – A pastoral registrant is defined as someone who provides leadership and pastoral care to people within, or on behalf of a faith community. e.g., sole, senior, co-, associate, assistant, worship, children and family, youth, young adults, executive.
- Chaplain – A chaplain is defined as someone who, without compromising their own beliefs, provides pastoral care, spiritual and moral support, and facilitates the faith journey of all within their specialised setting. e.g., sport, school, military, tertiary, hospital, community, prison.
- Ministry/Mission – Applications under this category are accepted from those undertaking a role that supports the work of a faith community or communities. e.g., finance, administration, global worker (previously called a missionary), Baptist trusts, Orbit.
- Kaiārahi Māori – A Kaiārahi Māori is defined as any Baptist leader who has whakapapa Māori and who chooses to register as Kaiārahi Māori.
- Baptist Entity– Applications under this category are accepted from those whose role supports the work of the collective of Baptist Churches. e.g., Carey staff, Baptist Union of New Zealand leaders, regional leaders.
- If you’re uncertain which category best fits your role, you’re encouraged to talk to your regional leader in the first instance, but you’re also welcome to get in touch with us at email@example.com