FAST4: Taking your children's ministry from good to great
Online teaching series with Karen Warner, 16 March - 6 April 2020. Webinar recordings are available online.
In partnership with Baptist Children & Family Ministries, led by Karen Warner, this four-week webinar series looked at ways to grow and develop your leadership along with insight into some of the key components for doing children’s ministry and mission with excellence. Whether you’re new to Children's Ministry or have been in the game for a while the aim of this online teaching series was to give you new ideas, fresh inspiration and renewed enthusiasm for the most important ministry in the church! With COVID-19 and the Level 4 lockdown happening in New Zealand at the time of producing this webinar series, Episodes 2-4 had special focus on the COVID-19 context.
This page includes a list of resourses mentioned in each webinar.
Week 1 (Monday 16 March 7.30pm-8.30pm)
Six keys to running a Sunday programme that engages children, enables spiritual growth and inspires leaders.
- Webinar notes page (2-page PDF to print before the webinar)
- Starting out in children's ministry Chapter 2 by Alison Mitchell
- Sacred spaces by Kirsten Malcolm
- The spiritual styles of children by David Csinos
- Call to worship and worship response
- Baptist Children & Family Ministries website.
Week 2 (Monday 23 March 7.30pm-8.30pm)
Awesome volunteers - how to get them, how to train them and how to keep them.
- Piece by piece Chapter 7 Team building by Tammy Tolman
- Casting vision to volunteers by Powell Grisham
- It's all about relationships by Karl Bastian
- Value your volunteers by Emily Snider
- Building community in children's ministry
- Volunteers Leaders' Handbook
- What you do matters poster
Week 3 (Monday 6 April 7.30pm-8.30pm)
COVID-19 special with guests Patsy Way and Rachel Roche. Q&A.
- Patsy Way's webinar notes: Lead strong - Leading while grieving
- Rachel Roche's webinar notes: Leading in uncharted territory
Week 4 (Monday 20 April 7.30pm-8.30pm)
In a rapidly changing [COVID-19] world and in the light of not being able to meet in person, how do we continue to be effective child disciple makers? What does a resilient child disciple look like and need?
- Karen Warner's webinar notes
- Chapter 5 "Fire Carriers" from Resilient: Child discipleship and the fearless future of the church by Valerir Bell, Matt Markins, Chris Marchand, and Mike Handler (2019). The whole book can be downloaded online from Awana here...
Other Training Resources from the Centre
There are six FAST4 Online Teaching Series in 2020 covering a variety of topics and ministry areas. Each series has 4 one-hour webinars, over 4 weeks, with 4 readings.
These webinars showcase Carey lecturers in an hour of teaching once-a-month focusing on various topics to do with bible, theology, mission, and ministry.
An online video series with 6 episodes designed as a training resource for church board and eldership groups.
[Page last updated 21 April 2020]