FAST4: Taking your children's ministry from good to great
Online teaching series with Karen Warner, 16 March - 6 April 2020. Click here to register.
In partnership with Baptist Children & Family Ministries, led by Karen Warner, this four-week webinar series will look at ways to grow and develop your leadership along with insight into some of the key components for doing children’s ministry and mission with excellence. Whether you’re new to Children's Ministry or have been in the game for a while this online teaching series will give you new ideas, fresh inspiration and renewed enthusiasm for the most important ministry in the church!
This page includes a list of resourses mentioned in each webinar.
Week 1 (Monday 16 March 7.30pm-8.30pm)
Six keys to running a Sunday programme that engages children, enables spiritual growth and inspires leaders.
- Webinar notes page (2-page PDF to print before the webinar)
- Starting out in children's ministry Chapter 2 by Alison Mitchell
- Sacred spaces by Kirsten Malcolm
- The spiritual styles of children by David Csinos
- Call to worship and worship response
- Baptist Children & Family Ministries website.
Week 2 (Monday 23 March 7.30pm-8.30pm)
Awesome volunteers - how to get them, how to train them and how to keep them.
- Piece by piece Chapter 7 Team building by Tammy Tolman
- Casting vision to volunteers by Powell Grisham
- It's all about relationships by Karl Bastian
- Value your volunteers by Emily Snider
- Building community in children's ministry
- Volunteers Leaders' Handbook
- What you do matters poster
Week 3 (Monday 30 March 7.30pm-8.30pm)
Learn the importance of effective planning, how to choose curriculum that suits your context and use these to see growth and transformation in your ministry.
Week 4 (Monday 6 April 7.30pm-8.30pm)
Thinking outside of Sunday - what does mission with children and families look like in 21st Century NZ and why is it important that we know the answer?
Other Training Resources from the Centre
An online video series with 6 episodes designed as a training resource for church board and eldership groups.
There are 6 FAST4 Online Teaching Series in 2020 covering a variety of topics and ministry areas. Each series has 4 one-hour webinars, over 4 weeks, with 4 readings.
These webinars showcase Carey lecturers in an hour of teaching once-a-month focusing on various topics to do with bible, theology, mission, and ministry.
[Page last updated 12 March 2020]