Registration 2018 has now closed. Registration 2019 opens 01 November, 2018.
What is Baptist Leaders’ Registration?
Baptist Leaders’ Registration is a way for Baptist pastoral leaders, ecumenical chaplains, and missional leaders to communicate their commitment to professional development for the year ahead.
When you register, the Baptist Union and the Carey Centre for Lifelong Learning enter into an agreement with you to recognise and respond to the call God has given you to pastoral leadership.
We recognise your call by:
- Adding / maintaining your name on the Baptist Leaders’ Official List;
- Providing you with a certificate of registration; and
- Celebrating your call to pastoral leadership at the annual Hui once you reach full registration status
We respond to your call by supporting your commitment to:
- Baptist Whānau, and
We call this three-part commitment your Ministry Development Agreement (MDA), and it forms the core of your annual registration details.
See ‘Ministry Development Agreement’ for details on how to form your plan.
Who can register?
To be eligible for Baptist Leaders’ Registration you must meet the following criteria:
Evidence you need to provide
You are a current member of a New Zealand Baptist Church.
You are working in the name of the Baptist family of churches as a:
· Pastoral leader;
· Ecumenical chaplain, or
· Missional leader.
Job description, including:
· your role title,
· a regular review process, and
· clear lines of accountability.
Your role is making a contribution theologically, or in leadership, to the kingdom of God through the Baptist family of churches.
You work in the role above for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
· Terms of call; or
· Employment agreement; or
· Volunteer agreement
Your terms/agreement must show the agreed hours per week for the role.
For Ecumenical chaplains only:
Those in chaplaincy work may apply for registration only if the Baptist Union or a Baptist Association has participated in their appointment process, or their chaplaincy is part of the outreach of a local Baptist church.
A letter of support from your local Baptist church stating that:
· You are of good standing in the community.
· You are a current member of the church.
· You have been endorsed by the church to work in the capacity of a chaplain.
· Letter of appointment as an ecumenical chaplain.
New registrants only:
During your first year of registration you will be required to demonstrate your commitment to Baptist leadership by:
· Completing the ‘Being Baptist’ Guided Learning option, or
Additionally, as a newly registered leader you will be considered 'Provisionally Registered' for the first two years.
When you commit to Baptist Leaders' Registration for a third year you will become 'Fully Registered' and be invited to celebrate this commitment on stage at the annual Hui.
When can I register, and what does it cost?
Registration is an annual process which is open from 01 - 30 November each year.
The 2018 registration fee was $72.50 per year.
Where can I register?
Registration 2018 has now closed. Registration 2019 will be open from 01 - 30 November, 2018.
You can register online via the registration form on our website.
Our form will take you through the three stages of registration:
Updating your profile details
Reflecting on your previous Ministry Development Agreement
Creating your new Ministry Development Agreement
See ‘Ministry Development Agreement’ for details on how to form your MDA.
How will my registration be recognised?
- Once your registration application has been approved you will be emailed your e-Certificate of Registration. We recommend printing it out on card, then framing and displaying it in your workplace.
- Once you have completed two years of provisional registration, including the ‘Newly registered Baptist Leaders’ requirements, we will invite you to be recognised on stage at the annual Baptist Hui to celebrate your commitment to Baptist leadership.